Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The Moth

The Moth is an organization dedicated to storytelling. They host evenings where people get up on stage and tell true stories from their lives without notes or scripts. You can listen to podcasts of stories on iTunes, or their website: http://www.themoth.org/

I love that there is a community of people out there dedicated to preserving personal narratives. I love it so much that my friend Kim and I have decided to host our own Moth night!

It's still in the works, but we have some really exciting plans in the works. We hope to have our first Moth Nighte in October and we are already getting some good interest generated among some of our favorite storytellers.

If you enjoy storytelling and you want to be involved or attend, be sure to let me know. If it goes well we may do these on a semi-regular basis.

And let me know if you have any good ideas for themes!

No comments:

Post a Comment